Wednesday 19 October 2011

Uno Mustachio Eggplant Parm - The Sandwich the size of my head


Once in awhile, we need a change of pace when it comes to lunch options, so my co-workers and I head a bit further out of our lunch comfort zone and head on over to the St. Lawrence market for some tasty Italian sandwiches. While my co-workers go for the meat varieties (chicken parm, or veal parm) I stick with the most bang for your buck eggplant parm.

THIS SANDWICH IS STACKED... There's count them, 8 pieces of breaded eggplant - peppers and mozerella cheese (cheese and peppers are extra) with a thin tangy layer of tomato sauce between a soft kasier rolls that can stand up to all the toppings stuffed inside. It's about the same height of about 10 CDs! It's not too oily, or greasy, which makes it a tad bit easier to digest the massive sandwich. In total it comes out to about $8 for lunch with a c-plus... which isn't bad considering I can't even finish half for lunch and I usually save the rest for dinner and I'm STUFFED!

I'd give this sandwich a solid 4.5/5!

Uno Mustachio (lower level)
St. Lawrence Market
92 Front St E
Toronto, ON M5E 1C4


2 comments: